Position: Educational Technologist
ABC Organization is looking for an educator who is tech-savvy, has interest in working in its Division of Distance Education, and has a passion and knowledge for helping people to expand and enhance their teaching/training through educational technology tools. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and creative professional team as part of ABC Organization's continuing efforts in the expanding field of Educational Technology and Distance Learning in the USA and other countries. Currently ABC Organization is expanding its distance education business to China. The Division of Distance Education at ABC Organization is responsible for helping educators in China envision and create programs of continuing education/professional development, and leadership training through online learning.
- ability to communicate well with the people in Division of Distance Education, earn their trust by producing excellent material, and work enthusiastically to provide them with e-learning tools and online materials that meet their goals
- ability to work with people in China , knowledge of the Chinese culture and education, and excellent writing skills for both educational content and technical instructions in English and Chinese languages
- adaptable and able to handle varying workloads
- aware of the potential and limitations of using interactive electronic media in education in order to ensure its appropriate use, and staying current with emerging trends
- excellent facility with the PC environment and the Web, and in learning new software.
- excellent technology skills required in MS Office (Word, Excel), website development and maintenance (e.g., Macromedia Studio MX/Dreamweaver), presentation and multimedia (PowerPoint) both English and Chinese versions
- proficiency in image and graphics editing (Photoshop) both English and Chinese versions
- enjoy learning and experimenting with new technologies (e.g., digital cameras, video/data projectors, whiteboard systems).
- knowledge of basic programming, databases (e.g., MS Access), and audio editing a plus
Educational and Chinese Background:
- Master's degree in a related field (educational technology, computer science)
- some facility with Chinese texts is required
- previous background in Chinese study and/or broad Chinese knowledge is preferred
- familiarity with the use of Chinese computing software (e.g., Microsoft Pinyin Input) is a plus.